|Manuscript submission check list|
|Download PDF version of this checklist|
|Read carefuly and completely|
We would like to inform you that authors of manuscripts accepted for publication in the Pan African Medical Journal will be required to contribute an article processing charge of $180. More information on PAMJ article processing charges can be found on our article processing charges announcement page. (The page opens in a different window and will not interrupt your submission)
|Dear author, thanks for considering the Pan African Medical Journal for your submission|
|The PAMJ Manuscript Submission System is optimized for all current browsers. Compatibility with old browers is not guaranteed.|
|The journal only accepts manuscripts submitted through the Manuscript Submission System (MSS). If you experience problems with the online MSS, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Please read carefully before you proceed to manuscrip submission. Review the journal instructions for authors if necessary.|
Review the points of the check list before you proceed to manuscript subscription. If you have additional questions about this process, contact the editorial team at email@example.com.
1. E-mail addressesHave the list of e-mail addresses for all the co-authors ready. You will need to provide these so that we can inform the co-authors when the manuscript has been received and when it is published.
2. Instructions for Authors and peer review policyRead detailed Instructions for Authors for the journal and the peer review policy.
Download the Pan African Medical Journal peer review process
3. Covering letterHave the covering letter for your submission ready, explaining why we should publish your manuscript and elaborating on any issues relating to our editorial policies detailed in the instructions for authors.
4. Manuscript filesHave all the files for the manuscript in an acceptable format ready.
Manuscripts not formatted according to the Pamj style will be returned to the authors. For all research papers, make sure your manuscript includes the following sections: Background, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, List of tables and Figures, Conflicts of interests, Authorsí contribution, Acknowledgments (if any) and References. Pay special attention to citations in the manuscript. Pamj citation format is , [1,2], [5-8], [X1,X2Ö.] and NOT X1, X3, or anything else. . Manuscript not following these basic formatting rules will be returned illico presto. A basic sample for reference is provided below:
Author1 LastName FirstName, Author2 LastName FirstName, Author3 LastName FirstName, AuthorX LastName FirstName. Artitle title. Journal name or abbreviation. Year or date; Volume(Issue): StartPage-EndPage. Main manuscript
Files must be named with the three letter file extension appropriate to the file type (eg: .jpeg, .png). You will be asked to provide figure labels during the submission process. (The label is the small comment that usually goes with the figure. Example: Figure 1: Prevelance of diabetes in the study population aged 18 years and above. Findings of the TRICARE Diabetes Study, Uganda, 2006.)
If you use excel to generate your graph, avoid 3D, crowded axes, colored background, strong grid etc.. Use Tahoma font (size 10 maximum) for all items in your graphs (Title, legend, axes etc..). Expand your Excel graph to obtain a large image, copy and paste it in Paint (Microsoft Paint), crop any white border and save the image as PNG or JPEG. Look at an acceptable formatted Excel graph here
5. Are you one of the authors of this article?If not, you cannot submit the article on behalf of someone else. The submitting author takes responsibility for the article during submission and peer review.
7. Authors contribution and agreementDo you confirm that all the authors of the manuscript have read and agreed to its content, that readily reproducible materials described in the manuscript will be freely available to any scientist wishing to use them for non-commercial purposes. Persons listed as authors should have contributed to the manuscript per the URM criteria for authorship and contributorship
8. Ethical approvalDo you confirm that ethical approval for any human or animal experimentation was obtained from an accredited ethical committee? (for more information see Instructions for Authors)?
9. Duplicated publicationDo you confirm that the manuscript is original, has not already been published in a journal and is not currently under consideration by another journal?
10. Compliance to journal instructions for authors
Manuscript not in compliance with the all of the above will simply be returned to the corresponding author. By clicking the button below, you are confirming these points and agreeing to these and all other terms of the Pan African Medical Journal Copyright and License Agreement, which we suggest you read.
|Before you start the submission of your manuscript, your should agree with or confirm the following (read carefully and check all):|
|Terms and conditions | Privacy statement | Advertisers | Contact technical board | RSS|
|© Copyright 2019 - Published with the African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) - ISSN: 1937-8688 - All Rights Reserved|